Minutes – March 2023

Minutes Uploaded on March 20, 2023

Minutes of 108th Meeting of the


Held on Tuesday 14th March 2023 in the Village Hall


  Present A Barclay                    C Brooke         J Coyne           D Cross

H Gairdner                  N Meades

  Clerk L Stanley  
108.1 Apologies P   Brown     N Douglas             N Galletly  
 Apologies received from Chairman, N Galletly, Vice Chairman DC welcomed Alison Eastwood, (WNS Councillor) to the meeting.

Mrs Eastwood apologised to the meeting for not managing to attend this parish for sometime but she has 16 parishes in her constituency and has been called upon to attend to many meeting.  She wishes to discuss the HS2/Relief Road issues that are a problem in Chipping Warden & Edgcote and find a way forward. A very full discussion took place and Mrs Eastwood asked that a list of issue be sent to her to enable her to arrange a meeting with all HS2/Highways departments involved; Parish Council should have a firmer idea of what its requirements are.

1.      Allens Orchard balancing pond – Requirement regarding fencing – what do all village residents want, not just Allens Orchard and what are legal/technical implications.  SUDS reports to be circulated.  An artist impression of ideas might be useful.

2.      Speed on bypass are increasing, north bound bus stop is dangerous for travellers alighting and crossing road.  Industrial Estate is using the bypass for ca testing usually at high speed.

3.      All signage needs removing as grass mowing will be starting this month

4.      Liaison meeting are a good place to discuss & negotiate many local issues.

5.      Mrs Eastwood said that HS2 still have ownership of the relief road & it has not been handed over to WNS.

6.       It may be possible to organise a meeting with Gary Pettifer with Parish Council to discuss many of these issues.

108.2 Open Forum  
  No residents  
108.3 Declaration of Interests  
    CB declared WNS/2023/0082  
108.4 Minutes of 107th Parish Council Meeting – Agreed and signed  
108.5 Village Environment  
  a) HG may be able source posts for notice board                                          Pending HG
  b) HG may be able to source fruit trees for Appletree Road                          Pending HG
  c) ND to contact Highways (Helen Howard) & Simon Davis to ascertain if they can supply new 30 mph signs for new gates

ND to organise site meeting with Highways & HS2, also to check requirements for carpenter whilst installation takes place alongside road.                      Pending






  d) Grass mowing – new plan to be drawn up once hand-over of relief road has been dealt with.

Authority given to Chairman to negotiate hand-over details                     Pending




108.6 HS2/Relief Road  
  a) Appletree Road path past electric station – leave on agenda for Road Safety Fund Budget 2023 End 2023
  b) Trip along SAR was cancelled due to bad weather again; will be re-organised  
  d) All other issues dealt with under Mrs Eastwood’s discussion On-going
108.7 Activity Park  
  a) All inspections are up to date, but roundabout has been reported as ¬sticking’ again  


108.8 Finance  
  a) a) Authorisation required: –

L Stanley ½ year salary                                                                       = £1423.18

Village Hall      full year’s hire                                                                =     £90.00

E-On                                                              £136.67 + vat 27.33              = £164.00

NCALC vat reclaim                                                                                 =   £47.00

Notification: –

SSE December                                                £150.68 + vat £7.52          = £158.20

SSE January                                                  £134.89 + vat £6.73         = £141.62

SSE February                                                £130.98 + vat £6.54          =£137.52



All Approved

  b) Current a/c £3644                      Deposit £12533  
108.9 Planning  
    WNS/2022/1921/FUL–Land north of Culworth RD (old morgue)

Objections from PC to be re-iterated again

Concern expressed that as the driveway to any new property here is outside of the village envelope.  Planning agreement could be taken as permission to build more dwellings.

A Legal Injunction could state that a covenant is in place not to use the driveway for any other properties if land is sold.                                                     Pending









    WNS/2022/2063/LDP – The Green 7 Culworth Road                            Approved  
    WNS/2022/2135/COND – Industrial Estate                                           Approved  
    WNS/2022/2308/HS2N – Non material amendment                             Approved  
    WNS/2023/0082/Ful – Solar panels                                                      Approved  
108.10 Correspondence – all previously e-mailed  
  a) Town & Parish Briefing; NCALC UpDate & training; County Lines; Active Northampton;  Police Community News; Cherwell Local Plan; Neighbourhood Alert; Hackney Carriage & Private Hire consult; Rural Matters;  HS2 Community Funding; Parish AGM; HS2 Consultation:  
108.11 Training for Councillors  
    Community Emergency Plan Workshop – cancelled  
108.12 Matters for Next Agenda and/or information  
  a) Estate Agent signs on Allens Orchard & top of Appletree Road-ask to remove LS
  b) Rough sleeper seen in bus shelter opposite Rose & Crown.  To be monitored  
108.13 Date of Next Meeting  
    Next meetings –   11th April – Annual Village Meeting  

Meeting closed 21.00