Frequently Asked Questions

Can I attend a parish council meeting?

Yes! All members of the public or press are welcome to come along and listen to proceedings.

Can I speak at a Parish Council Meeting?

Yes! There is an Open Forum section for public questions at the starts of every meeting.  You are entitled to speak for up to 3 minutes on any issue and any comments made will be considered later by the Councillors.  You are not entitled to join in any debate or demand answers from any Councillors directly although the Chairman may invite discussion at the time.

Please be aware that Parish Council meetings may be recorded or filmed without notice to participants.

Can I see the minutes?

Yes! The minutes are uploaded to the website every month, usually within a week of the meeting taking place. You can request your own copy of the minutes by email or on paper.

Can I raise a topic at a Parish Council Meeting?

Yes! You can come along to the meeting and discuss your topic under the Open Forum section or if you feel it needs to be put on the agenda then you are able to contact the Chairman to discuss this prior to the meeting.  Please allow sufficient time for the publication of the Agenda.  You have no ‘Right’ to address the Council during discussion of the topic but may be invited to do so by the Chairman.

When and where do we meet?

Chipping Warden and Edgote Parish Council meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every other month (Jan, March, May, July, Sept, Nov) in the Small Village Hall at 7:30pm.  There may be variations due to Councillor availability so please check the noticeboard or website before attending to confirm the date of the next meeting.

Who should I contact about highway or Rights of Way issues?

Northamptonshire County Council is the relevant authority for both issues. You can either contact the clerk or use the following website link which will enable you to log the issue direct


Who is responsible for litter?

Chipping Warden and Edgote Parish Council does not employ a litter picker but we are very fortunate that local volunteers regularly collect litter in and around the parish.  If you see anything that you want to report then please contact the Clerk or preferably report it directly to SNDC who are the responsible authority.  You can report litter directly online at http://www.southnorthants.gov.uk/3934.htm

Who is responsible for Dog Fouling?

Chipping Warden and Edgote Parish Council does not provide bins for use of dog walkers as these require empting by specialist service providers.  Dog owners should clean up after their animals and use their own Grey rubbish bins for disposal.  Further information on dog fouling can be found on the SNDC website:-