Chipping Warden and Edgcote Women’s Institute
President: Sue Jempson
We have a thriving Women’s Institute in the village and over the course of a year organise many events including concerts, parties, external speakers and other entertainment.
Our fundraising efforts support local charities – in 2017 our carol concert will be raising funds for Dogs for Good.
We meet at 7.30pm on the first Tuesday of every month (except July) in the Village Hall. In July our meeting is hosted by a member in their garden. You don’t need to contact anyone to join – just turn up! You can come to 3 meetings before deciding to join or not.
- Get to know like-minded women in your community
- Membership of your WI and access to county/island federation and national events
- At least 11 monthly WI meetings plus the opportunity to take part in any additional events, trips, clubs and activities your WI may run
- 8 issues a year of the WI membership magazine, WI Life
- Regular newsletters and mailings to keep you up-to-date with all the news and events from your federation and the NFWI
- Have your voice heard – make a real impact on local, national and international issues
- Opportunities to learn, develop and pass on new skills
- Be a part of something special, the WI is the largest voluntary women’s organisation in the UK
- Use your membership discount on a wide variety of courses at Denman, the WI’s own residential college in Oxfordshire, www.denman.org.uk